(SHB) — The first debate of the presidential candidates for the Hmong 18 Council of Wisconsin held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on September 21, 2014 from 11:00AM to 1:00PM.
Click here to watch the actual full covered the debate of the presidential candidates for the Hmong 18 Council of Wisconsin. It is about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Click here to watch the after the debate interviewed the presidential candidates and the Chair of the Election Central Committee for the Hmong 18 Council of Wisconsin.
Click here to listen on Suab Hmong Radio full version audio of the first debate of the presidential candidates for the Hmong 18 Council of Wisconsin.
The candidates are Nao Vai Yang from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Blia Yao Lo from Waunakee, Wisconsin, and Xou Khang from Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
There were 6 questionnaires for the candidates (Note. The questionnaires were in Hmong and we translated them to English so there may be slightly twisted the verbiages of the questionnaires):
1. Why do you wanted to become the president of the Hmong 18 Council and what are your abilities?
2. What are the major issues on the Hmong community in Wisconsin?
3. Hmong life at current stage, Hmong girls/women have not received the same recognition as Hmong boys/men. If you are elected, how can you promote Hmong girls/women?
4. Recognition for Hmong girls/women and Hmong boys/men are still having a big gap among them but we are advancing to getting better. What do you see the strength and weakness of Hmong boys/men in the social and economic area?
5. What are the three things that you think are important for the Hmong community in Wisconsin? Why?
6. From tomorrow on, what do you think about allowing Hmong women to lead or just let Hmong men to lead the Hmong community? Closing remark.
There will be two more debates coming up, October 16 and November 2, 2014.
Listen to Suab Hmong Radio exclusive covered the first debate of the presidential candidate for the Hmong 18 Council of Wisconsin for detail of the debate.