ST. PAUL, MN (SHB) – Suab Hmong TalkShow exclusive take you insight Hmong Nationality Organization (HNO); what is HNO, its vision, mission, and programs?
Click here to watch Neng Xiong, News Correspondent for Suab Hmong News, exclusive interviewed Dr. NaoShoua Thao, Representative from Hmong Nationality Organization (HNO), on what is HNO, its vision and mission on March 10, 2015.
The following information taken from HNO’s website:
Hmong Nationalities Organization, Inc. (HNO) is a national non-profit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to advancing Hmong identity, progress, and prosperity. Established in 2011, HNO serves as a leading entity to the Hmong community and the general public on issues and policies related to cultural heritage, educational advancement, socio-economic opportunities, community development, and civic engagements of Hmong people in the United States and worldwide.
HNO believes that Hmong people must affirm faith in our nationalities, heritage, and common identity and work to grow capacity, vitality, security, and prosperity.
We must promote access and opportunities and rise above cultural, socio-economic, educational, and political barriers
1. to meet our people’s need and challenges;
2. to promote our identity and culture;
3. to invest in our progress and prosperity; and
4. to advance our collective best interest.
In the aspiration to strengthen the foundation and well-being of Hmong people, HNO must focus on educational achievement, cultural and historical preservation, socio-economic opportunities and prosperity, community development, and civic engagement.
In the effort to promote our vision and mission, HNO will strive
1. to serve as a policy center for the Hmong people;
2. to develop Hmong life within local, regional, and international environments;
3. to support Hmong people in civic engagement and social participation; and
4. to preserve Hmong nationalities, history, language, culture, traditions, religious beliefs, and social customs.
As a community-supported organization, HNO
1. will respect its members’ rights, privileges, contributions, access, and treatment without discrimination contrary to the bylaws;
2. will exercise loyalty, good judgment, integrity, and candor in its work;
3. will provide resource to help Hmong people; and
4. will collaborate with others to improve the lives and socio-economic condition of the Hmong community.
2015 Annual Convention:
HNO proudly presents its 2015 annual convention for the Members and the Community. Please join us for a two-day conference to discuss community issues and challenges. Together, we work to promote social justice, opportunities, well-being, engagements, and shared interests.
Convention invitation and programs
Annual Convention Ball
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hmong College Preparatory Academy *
1515 Brewster Street, St. Paul, MN 55108 *
Sunday, March 29th, 2015
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Hmong Minnesota Senior Center *
2905 Country Drive, Little Canada, MN 55117 *
To pre-register, please contact any of the following people:
Dr. Shoua Yang, Vice-Chair, Executive Council, Phone: (612) 483-2935, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Neal C. Thao, Chair, HNO Convention Committee, Phone: (651) 246-4400, E-mail: email@example.com