SUAB HMONG NEWS (03/24/2020) – Laos records its first two effected COVID-19 on March 24, 2020. The two cases include a male 28-year-old and a female 36-year-old tour guide in Vientiane, the capital of Laos.
The infected female tourist guide went to Vangvieng, Luang Prabang in northern laos and Cambodia before showing flu-like symptoms.
The other infected male hotel staff is suspected to be infected in Thailand while receiving a training course there.
Both of them are treated in the designated hospital, the Mittaphab Hospital, in Vientiane.
The patients are not in serious condition and the treatment is going well, said the deputy minister, adding their close contacts have been quarantined.
According to the official, the Laos medical institutions have tested 131 suspected cases.
The Laos government has improved or adjusted its measures in line with the real Covid-19 epidemic situation of each period, Laos Foreign Minister Saleumxay Kommasith said last week.
The cabinet has decided to adopt additional preventive measures in the coming months, including closing border checkpoints, suspending visa on arrival, advising against mass gatherings and travelling abroad, imposing compulsory self-quarantine for inbound travelers from high-risk countries, and closing entertainment business and schools, among others.
The Laos government has also announced the designated places for Covid-19 treatment, with sufficient doctors and nurses.