SUAB HMONG NEWS (02/17/2018) – On January 5, 2018, Suab Hmong News YouTube Channel has been hacked and taken over by three people.
We created a newly YouTube Channel for Suab Hmong News. The link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkEWV12C2hwNG5aQmbHI4A We will have a unique URL when we met YouTube requirements.
The nature of the hacked:
1. They hacked into Suab Hmong New YouTube Channel.
2. They changed themselves the owners of Suab Hmong News Channel.
3. They control all the features inside Suab Hmong News Channel.
4. They created a payment account with Freedom and switched payment earned by Suab Hmong News to their account at Freedom.
Actions we have been taken:
1. We contacted YouTube Partner Support and they said we need to report these hackers to the law enforcement because they cannot do anything about it. Below is the email we received from YouTupe Support:
I understand that you want to get this issue resolved. However, since your are still part of Freedom, the best way to resolve this issue is to reach out to them because they are the one who can access your account and make changes on it.
Again, just to reiterate, Google is not in a position to mediate or adjudicate disputes between third parties. At this point we recommend that you raise your concerns directly with the Admin in question. If you believe the Admin in question is unlawfully restricting access to your account, we recommend you contact law enforcement.
If you have other concerns, feel free to write us back.
2. We contacted Freedom and they said because these three people created account with them and switched the payment to them and now they are the owners of Suab Hmong News YouTube Channel, they cannot do anything about it.
It is very frustration on the situation and we have no choice but to move forward. Our planned is to:
1. Recover all Suab Hmong News videos from the hacked Suab Hmong News Channel as much as we can.
2. Create a new Channel for Suab Hmong News on YouTube.
3. Upload all the recovered Videos to the new channel.
4. Delete all videos on the hacked Channel.
5. Continue our regular normal coverage in the Hmong community.
We need your support is to help us subscribe to our newly channel and watch our programs to get us to the YouTube new minimum requirements of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watching times.
We thank you for your support in advance and we hope YouTube will implement more secure system for everyone in the near future.