THING TO KNOW: Thai gang brutual attack a British family in Thailand

SUAB HMONG NEWS (04/28/2016) — If you planned to take your next vacation in Thailand, becareful due to the latest incident of a Thai gang brutal attacked on a British family.
Below is an article from the Telelgrahp.
Four Thai men charged as shocking video emerges of brutal attack on British family
Philip Sherwell, bangkok, and gavin haines
{sidebar id=11}
Four Thai men have been arrested and charged with the brutal assault of an elderly British couple and their middle-aged son who were punched and kicked unconscious.
Shocking CCTV footage has emerged on social media capturing the attack in the Thai resort town of Hua Hin during recent Buddhist new year celebrations.
The British tourists were named by the Bangkok Post as Lewis Owen, 68, his wife Rosemary, 65, and their son John, 43.
An unidentified witness who was also hit after he tried to help the victims said that drunken Thais were  “primed” to attack Westerners after a long alcohol-fuelled evening of water fights.
The brutality and intensity of the attack shown on video and the ages of the older victims provoked outrage in Thailand and overseas when the footage was made public.
Thailand’s faltering economy is heavily dependent on tourism but this is the latest violent incident involving foreign visitors.
Mrs Owen, who was born in Cardiff, suffered the most serious injuries, with a build-up of fluid in the brain that was removed by doctors. She has remained in Thailand for treatment with her Glasgow-born husband, who needed stitches for a head-wound.
“The hospital is still holding her for observation for serious head and eye injuries,” said Pol Col Chaiyakorn Sriladecho, chief of Hua Hin police.
Their son also needed stitches for injuries to his head, but is believed to have returned to his home in a nearby Asian country. The family are understood to have told Thai and British officials that they do not want to comment.
They were walking down a street packed with revellers after leaving a bar in a popular nightlife district at about 2am on April 13 when the attack took place.
Three Thai men were arrested two days after the attack and a fourth was detained on Thursday. They are expected to make an initial court appearance in coming days, but their victims will not need to be present as they have already given statements to investigators.
“The accused men say they are sorry and that they wouldn’t have done this if they weren’t drunk,” said Col Chaiyakorn.
The footage, which makes for disturbing viewing, shows that the altercation began when the younger Briton apparently brushed shoulders with a Thai carrying a bottle.
There was a melee in the street and protracted pushing and shoving, with hands raised, before the Britons were knocked to the ground by a series of punches, including one straight to the face of the elderly woman.
They were then kicked as they lie motionless on the busy street while onlookers stood back and watched the assault.  
An unidentified Western witness has described how he intervened to try to come to their rescue – but was attacked himself and now needs cosmetic dental surgery for his injuries.  
“By the end of the night (around 2am) as the bar’s customers were leaving, gangs of Thai youths were priming themselves to start punching Westerners!” he wrote.  
He said that a friend’s Thai girlfriend heard some locals discussing attacking  tourists at the end of a day of heavy drinking.